Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crazy Eights

It seems in my life that every day is the same but when we are busy we are busy. We had one of those weekends. I wish I could figure out how to do my pictures, maybe someday!
Saturday was Makylle's eighth birthday and we had a weekend full of fun.

Friday she had a friend party, fifteen girls for two hours. Jaron thought he could hide in our room but I needed help so he stepped up. He even helped some girls make bracelets.
We started the night with pizza, expecting the girls to eat more we over bought so I am still eating leftover pizza today (like I need it, but I'm not complaining) Makylle wanted to make doorknob hangers out of foam so that was our next activitity and then all the girls made bracelets. We opened presents and had cake and icecream. All and all the night was nice with no catastophes and a deep breath when it was all done.


During the party Grandma and Grandpa took Kayla to Build a Bear for her birthday which is next week. She made the cutest pink monkey and named it Chi Chi (I had a monkey named Chee Chee when I was a kid that went everywhere with me, so thanks to my mom Chi Chi is alive and well again, just pink) I have to laugh at Kayla, she has such an imagination it truly cracks me up all day. Anyway, I have never seen a toy go potty so often and even have an accident that she had to clean up. I asked my mom why she chose a poopy monkey for my daughter! The monkey is now potty trained and goes everywhere with us, sleeps with Kayla and has to be dressed and hair done and jacket on because it is cold and the list goes on and on. It has been fun.
On Saturday it was Makylle's birthday so she was in charge. We had pancakes for breakfast and went to the park for lunch. It seemed like a good idea however it was so windy we had to hold our lunch down and it did not help that my allergies have decided to make an appearance. Makylle had fun and that was the point. We came home watched High School Musical 3 that she just got that day. She chose breakfast for dinner (hashbrowns, sausage and eggs) and a cream pie for dessert (yummy). We played Monopoly Jr. that she received from a friend. Makylle lost and I won. Jaron had to rub it in that I could not let her win on her birthday and I had to remind him he was second just 6 dollars behind me.
We had a fun weekend and I can't believe my girl is eight! It went by so fast! We love her tremendously and are very grateful to have her in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your monkey has been reincarnated. I cannot believe Makylle is 8!! And our babies are going to be 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KELLIANNE!!! Welcome. Are you having fun yet?

    Eight is a big one. I should probably have a friend party for B.A. too. I'm trying not to think about the 3 year old. Can he stay 2 forever?

    My word verification was NOBSTERS. I thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete