Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pouring

As Kayla would say "It is POURING" even a little sprinkle is described this way.
It's a little gloomy outside and all our lights are on. (So much for our attempts to conserve energy.) They're not on because we can't see; they are on because Kayla is TERRIFIED of spiders.
We came home from church today to a HUGE, I'm not exaggerating, spider climbing up our back curtains, I was afraid to kill it. Jordon did offer to rescue me, but it was too late I had already administered the first fatal squish.
No matter how much I tried to comfort Kayla, telling her over and over again that the spider was dead and not to worry she still let out a shrill scream when she saw anything on the floor; a shadow, lint, or Jasper's hair. It didn't move but she would still scream. I do hope this paranoia of bugs passes soon. She's even afraid of flies.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, that's a switch after fearless Makylle. I think she was three when she and Arianna would catch every bug in sight.

    My kids are afraid of bugs. Especially bees. But to Adelaide flies are bees too so it includes them as well.

    PS--So you're reading The Book Thief. What do you think. I like it a lot. I'm about halfway. Listening though. I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian- I know I have two VERY different daughters. It has been so fun to watch them grow and notice those differences. The bug thing is just one of many.

    ReplyDelete