"I'm going to have a sandwich for lunch, because I'm three"
Her birthday was a lot of fun. I didn't think she would understand the whole "in charge on your birthday" thing that we do, but she sure did. She was very bossy to her brother and sister (more than usual I should say) and when I told her it was nap time she simply stated "I'm not tired, it's my birthday." However by the time two o'clock rolled around she said "I'm tired. I'm going to sleep."
I don't know why the saying is "terrible twos" I have always thought threes are worse! So far this week with my three year old has shown my theory to be true.
For Kayla it is not terrible though. She is generally very pleasant, even tempered and good. This week I have heard "no mother", with a roll of the eyes more often than I did all last year I think. (She only calls me "mother" when she's mad, makes me laugh.) Jaron has given her the nickname "spit-fire", she does a very exaggerated "foo" sound when she's angry. Jaron will say "O.K. spit-fire" to her and she will be so much madder and yell "I'm not spit-fire" which results in everyone laughing, Kayla also, and her mood is changed just like that.
I am so excited to see that you have a blog! It is really cute. I agree with you completly on three's being more terrible than two's!
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to see another neighborhood blogger! Cute family picture! I loved her hair on easter! It was so cute! I am excited for M's to be 3 soon! I am excited for her & Emme to become friends! send me your email so I can invite you to are blog if you want. heatherdejong@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteShe is an exact replica of you! Even though Mads is turning three, I expect all the other kids to stay young. I can't believe she is all big and grown up. Sounds like you have your hands full with this one. : )
ReplyDeleteOh, I am sure Addie would have understood and taken full advantage of being in charge if we had given her the option on her birthday too. These kids are just too smart!
ReplyDeleteAddie was so excited to see pics of Kayla! I wish they were still neighbors.:(
Kayla--I'm glad you had a happy birthday. You're adorable!
That is so cute of her! "because I'm 3!" what a cutie! I'm glad you have a blog!
ReplyDelete